The Lancer

The Lancer

The Lancer

TOHS Theatre Flies Among the Stars

With opening night of “Peter and the Starcatcher” on Thursday, November 16th, and closing night on Saturday, November 18th, the cast has been working hard since the beginning of September.  Just two weeks after school started, auditions were held on September 7th and 8th. Ready to get the process started, Mrs. Mack sent out the cast list September 10th with rehearsals starting September 14th. Freshman, Matthew Evangelista, who plays Peter for the opening and closing night says the process has been neat and efficient. 

With opening night following tech week, Evangelista said “We’ve had four-hour long rehearsals every single day and so I feel like the cast is prepared”. 

credit to TOHS Theatre on Instagram (Sarah Ziff)

Confident in his long monologues and scenes, Evangelista has felt prepared since the off-book date on October 26th. Having warnings from everyone about Mrs. Mack making cuts, Evangelista was surprised to learn he had gotten the main role as a freshman. Senior Jenna Yu in tech theater has been seeing all the progress for the show. 

With the tech theater class helping the set designs throughout the process, “There were a lot of hands on the project,” Yu said.

Ready for opening night, tech theater and the cast are prepared for a great show. Watching the opening night performance of “Peter and the Starcatcher”, it can be said that all the hard work put into the show has paid off.  Great job to Ms. Mack, the cast, tech theater, and anyone who helped make the show great.

credits to TOHS Theatre on Instagram (Sarah Ziff )