TOHS Lancers return to school after a nice Labor Day weekend. This week was short and sweet, with only four days of school and a minimum day on Wednesday. Most mornings started out grey and gloomy but opened up to blue skies and the sun shining on our beautiful campus.
Here’s a few things that happened on campus this week:
- The first Cross Country meet of the year is being held today at Seaside in Ventura. Hope they have a good start to their season.
- Girls’ volleyball scored their first win of the season yesterday, winning three games against Valencia High School. Way to go Lancers!
- The USC college visit was held on Tuesday in the College and Career Center (CCC). Make sure to sign up for any upcoming college visits through Naviance if you’re interested. Students of all grades are invited to participate.
- Foreign Language and Conversation Club met for the first time today in Señora Villa’s class. Club leaders Zac Mundwiller and Joey Farfan taught students a few phrases in both Italian and German. Stop by next Friday if you’re interested in learning some French.
- Choir held a restaurant night at Sharkey’s on Wednesday. Big thanks to all the Lancers who showed up to support the choir program.
- The freshman voted for their class officers today. Keep your ears open to find out who will win next week.
- Our Varsity football team plays against the Highland Bulldogs today in Palmdale. Let’s wish our fellow Lancers good luck!
Have a great weekend, Lancers!
Written by: April Sanchez and Emma Caudill