The Lancer

The Lancer

The Lancer

New MegaMind TV and Movie Sequel Release
Joseph Goodnight, Opinion Editor • February 20, 2024

In March of this year, Dreamworks is set to release a Peacock exclusive TV show and movie sequel to the beloved 2010 MegaMind movie. The trailer...

In Fastbreak Fashion
Jake Bradley, Sports Editor • February 14, 2024

Lancers lead the way in the second half. The Great Oak Wolfpack came into Thousand Oaks Tuesday night for the CIF quarterfinals and with them...

Perserving in Penalty’s

The Lady Lancers traveled to a neutral site in Anaheim to take on the Katella Knights in the second round of the CIF-SS girls soccer playoffs....

Kanye - He's Back at it...or Maybe Not?
Elijah Brown, The Lancer Staff • February 14, 2024

Kanye West's new album “Vultures 1”, many nationwide were skeptical at first about Kanye's new album considering the controversies he has...

It’s Valentine’s, Baby
It’s Valentine’s, Baby
Momo Sonoda, Editor-In-Chief • February 14, 2024

St. Valentine’s Day commemorates the death of St. Valentine, but for others, the holiday marks a day of birth. Junior Chokee Weezer was born...

Health Science Majors Program hosts their senior showcase
Momo Sonoda, Editor-In-Chief • February 12, 2024

Last week, the seniors in Health Science Majors hosted a showcase, featuring various professions that they hope to pursue in the future. At the...

Advancing Again
Jake Bradley, Sports Editor • February 12, 2024

The Lancers left campus during lunch to travel to Temecula for their round two playoff game, and the ride wasn’t enough to stop the Lancers....

Double-Double Galore

The Lancers once again came out of a playoff game as a victor, behind a powerful Trent Maclean performance nonetheless. Maclean powered his way...

Avid Attack
Jake Bradley, Sports Editor • February 9, 2024

A massive performance from standout freshman led the way for the Lancers at Ventura College, freshman Maddie Linville started the game off strong...

Advancing at last!
Jake Bradley, Sports Editor • February 8, 2024

Fast start, with no slowing down, your Lancers took down the Chaffey Tigers 3-1. A very early goal from junior attacker Gabriel Torreblanca gave...

Elias Chin ready to take a shot
Onto the Next

Advancing at last!  Despite a close score after each of the first two quarters, stars Elias Chin and Trent Maclean were able to help the Lancers...

Valentines Day grams for your special someone -- or not
Valentine's Day grams for your special someone -- or not
Gabriella Muller, The Lancer Staff • February 8, 2024

With Valentine's day approaching quickly, the student store is crowded with students buying Valentine's Grams for people they know -- and those...

Sephora Takeover
Sephora Takeover

With the rise of popular skincare brands coming from Tiktok, Sephora is seeing a rise in sales but a massive drop in age. “10-13 year old kids...

Point Counterpoint: The Super Debate
Point Counterpoint: The Super Debate
Kevin Starr and Christian-Isaiah Aguilar February 8, 2024

Two The Lancer columnists -- Kevin Starr and Christian-Isaiah Aguilar -- have strong opinions about the upcoming Super Bowl. Here, they square...

on the bottom is real animal based leather, while on the top is “vegan” leather, or “pleather”
Vegan Leather is Worse for the Environment than Real Leather
Joseph Goodnight, Opinion Editor • February 8, 2024

Throughout the the past 20 years the interest in sustainability and ethicality has risen immensely, especially in regards to fashion, as the...

Youtubers Saying Goodbye

Renowned YouTubers leaving the platform

Many admired content creators have made the decision to end their journey on YouTube or change their known reputation over the past few weeks.

MatPat, a YouTuber who specializes in game theories, has been making videos since 2011. His channel, The Game Theorists, has gained a following of 18.8 million subscribers. MatPat stated that he will be handing his channel off to someone else on March 9th. The reason for his departure is to spend more time with his family, especially with his son Ali.

Another content creator who has been on YouTube for many years, Tom Scott, has also made the decision to take an indefinite break from YouTube. Over the course of 10 years he has uploaded a video every week. Scott stated that it’s “not goodbye forever” but it will be for a while. However, he will still be continuing his podcast, Lateral, during his YouTube hiatus.

After 13 years of creating Minecraft-related videos, CaptainSparklez is deciding to pull away from this game. He will continue to make videos, just ones that aren’t entirely focused on Minecraft. Lots of CaptainSparklez’s subscribers have grown up watching his videos, and are sad to see him leave what he is most known for. Maybe this is a way of CaptainSparklez maturing in his career.

Moo is another YouTuber who will be retiring full-time commitment from video making. He is looking for personal growth outside of YouTube by focusing more on family and different career opportunities.

Joel Haver has been a well-known creator since 2010. He has created many short animations that have helped him gain about 1.9 million subscribers. He won’t be leaving YouTube, but it is expected that he won’t be doing his weekly uploads anymore. Haver wants to focus on more lengthy videos rather than the usual skits.

The reason so many YouTubers have decided to make changes in their careers is because of the burnout and the pressure of keeping up with their viewers’ interests.They have found that their videos may not be relevant anymore due to the shifts in what’s trending or what people are interested in now.